Answers to the games will appear in the next issue
Vg vf abg fb zhpu sbe vgf ornhgl gung gur sberfg znxrf n pynvz hcba zra'f urnegf, nf sbe gung fhogyr fbzrguvat, gung dhnyvgl bs nve gung rznangvba sebz byq gerrf, gung fb jbaqreshyyl punatrf naq erarjf n jrnel fcvevg.
SOLUTION TO LAST MONTH'S CRYPTOGRAM:
Our humbleness has led us, now and at other times, to beseech your highness more devoutly so that, having God and public decency in sight, you would take pains to cease from our persecution and the disturbance of the people of our kingdom in order that devastation and the spilling of a neighbour's blood may henceforth stop
Translated from Latin from a recently discovered letter from Robert the Bruce to Edward the Second
Are we up on our royalty? This month's quiz deals with royals who had an impact on Scotland.. Do you know them?
1. Who was the king of the Picts, who according to the National mythology, was the first king of the Scots?
2. Which king was known as "The Hammer of the Scots"?
3. Name the Scottish king who ruled from 1040 and who is the subject of a very fictionalized Shakespeare play.?
4. A "maybe" queen, who was not crowned at Scone, and who never set foot on Scottish soil is known as ?
5. Which king came into power in 1306, after a 10 year interregnum?.
ANSWERS TO LAST MONTH'S QUIZ: