Answers to the games will appear in the next issue
FLI YLDSCVEVJJ YRJ CVU LJ, EFN REU RK FKYVI KZDVJ, KF SVJVVTY PFLI YZXYEVJJ DFIV UVMFLKCP JF KYRK, YRMZEX XFU REU GLSCZT UVTVETP ZE JZXYK, PFL NFLCU KRBV GRZEJ KF TVRJV WIFD FLI GVIJVTLKZFE REU KYV UZJKLISRETV FW KYV GVFGCV FW FLI BZEXUFD ZE FIUVI KYRK UVMRJKRKZFE REU KYV JGZCCZEX FW R EVZXYSFLI'J SCFFU DRP YVETVWFIKY JKFG
SOLUTION TO LAST MONTH'S CRYPTOGRAM:
This is known as the Bon-Accord toast - "Happy to meet, sorrowful to part, happy to meet once again." "Bon-Accord" was the password used by the citizens of Aberdeen in 1308 when they rose up, killed the English garrison and captured the town for Robert the Bruce. Bon-Accord is now the motto of the City of Aberdeen.
Bannock burn 700 years ago - Well what do you know! Let's find out!
1. Who was the commander of Stirling Castle on that day?
2. The Scalacronica is a book written by the son of a man who was captured during the battle. The book is based on his father's memories of the battle. Both father and son have the same name. What is the name
3. Who led the Scottish 500 Light Horse cavalry?
4. Many of the English drowned in Bannock Burn, and other drowned in a nearby river. What is the name of the river?
5. To what castle did Edward flee from which he sailed to England?.
ANSWERS TO LAST MONTH'S QUIZ: