Answers to the games will appear in the next issue
Z GZTB DP WRMFLIZKV HLFKRKZFEJ REU JKFIV KYVD ZE DP DZEU RJ IVRUP RIDFLI, FWWVEJZMV FI UVWVEJZMV, RDZU KYV JKILXXCV FW KYZJ KLISLCVEK VOZJKVETV.
SOLUTION TO LAST MONTH'S CRYPTOGRAM
From ghoulies and ghosties
And long-leggedy beasties
And things that go bump in the night,
Good Lord, deliver us! Traditional Scottish Prayer
So you want to be a poet!
Maybe you don't know it
But now's the time
To Check a rhyme
As for the author, d'ya know it?
So - who wrote the following? The family name alone will suffice.
1. When I was sick and lay a-bed,
2. O young Lochinvar is come out of the west,
3.We were a tribe, a family, a people.
4. No one can tell me,
5. When Britain first, at Heaven's command,
ANSWERS TO LAST MONTH'S QUIZ1. In 1988, a film opened in which a Scottish archaeologist finds an old skull - and things go down hill from there!
Ans: The Lair of the White Worm
2. A police sergeant travels around Scotland in search of a missing girl and finds more than he was looking for.
Ans. The Wicker Man
3. Some military operations go awry and things definitely move in a scary direction.
Ans. The Dog Soldiers
4. In this 1951 film, an extra-terretrial arrives on a "remote Scottish island" (is there any other kind in these films?)
Ans. The Man from Planet X
5. And finally - in a 1953 3D film, a Scot breaks off his engagement and returns to a mysterious house in the highlands wherein there is a frightening secret.
Ans. The Maze