Answers to the games will appear in the next issue
Try your skill at this one!
APJH NDJUGBLQ SIT NDJQRBLQ SIT GJIN-GLNNLTY CLSQRBLQ SIT RDBINQ RDSR NJ CUHK BI RDL IBNDR, NJJT GJPT, TLGBVLP UQ!
SOLUTION TO LAST MONTH'S CRYPTOGRAM
“Do try to sound the “r” although not with the exaggerated trill usually given to it by so-called Scots comedians. But, again this is to my English readers, don’t even attempt to get the guttural sounds of “ach” and “loch”. You will only strangle yourselves. To say “ach!” correctly you need generations of Scots blood behind you and you must have been born with the peat-reek in your nostrils and the sight of the hills as the first thing you ever clapped your eyes on."
Ronald MacDonald Douglas
Happy Halloween Quiz
It is the month for Halloween and so we thought we'd talk about "scary movies" set in Scotland!. .So here is description of the film - you give us the title. If you get it wrong you may have to play "trick or treat" with us - and you don't want to play "trick or treat" with us!
1. In 1988, a film opened in which a Scottish archaeologist finds an old skull - and things go down hill from there!
2. A police sergeant travels around Scotland in search of a missing girl and finds more than he was looking for.
3. Some military operations go awry and things definitely move in a scary direction.
4. In this 1951 film, an extra-terrestrial arrives on a "remote Scottish island" (is there any other kind in these films?)
5. And finally - in a 1953 3D film, a Scot breaks off his engagement and returns to a mysterious house in the highlands wherein there is a frightening secret.
ANSWERS TO LAST MONTH'S QUIZ