JR MOHHA VMUDR AIQ OBR DUSUYP, EIB AIQ'BR O DIYP XULR TROT.
For the solution to this months cryptogram click HERE
SOLUTION TO Last Month's' CRYPTOGRAM:
X TROVN CB JVPN SR LYRT SEB YPHBF PYN KOPVXSXBF RW SEB FXD JBYSVBHBY TEXQE PZB SR PQQRHIVXFE SEB NBFXJYHBYS; WRZ XS HPU CB SEPS X FEPVV CB PCVB, OIRY LYRTVBNJB RW SEB IPZSXBF, SR JXAB URO FRHB WOZSEBZ PNAXQB YBQBFFPZU SR CB WRVVRTBN SEBZBXY, PF PVFR WZRH SXHB SR SXHB IPZSXQOVPZVU ERT URO IZRQBBN: PYN PF FRRY PF URO HPU, WRZ SEB FPHB IOZIRFB, TER CB PVZBPNU, PYN ERT WPZ BABZURYB XF IZXAU EBZBOYSR.
IEBVXIIB’F PNNXSXRY SR HPZU’F VBSSBZ SR CPCXYJSRY
I would be glad to know the names and qualities of the six gentlemen which are to accomplish the designment; for it may be that I shall be able, upon knowledge of the parties, to give you some further advice necessary to be followed therein, as also from time to time particularly how you proceed: and as soon as you may, for the same purpose, who be already, and how far everyone is privy hereunto.
Phelippe’s addition to Mary’s letter to Babington
Our "Dinosaurs of Scotland" issue has us all mixed up with prehistoric animals. Let's see what you know about this!1. What large prehistoric flying animal, which is the largest of its kind from the Jurassic period was recently found in Scotland?
2. On which Scottish island have many dinosaur tracks been found and lately, some dinosaur bones?
3. What museum on Skye has a great collection of dinosaur fossils from the area?
4. What are the most common things found in Scotland relating to dinosaurs?
5. What kind of dinosaur is it believed that the bone came from (the first found on Eigg) that was found by Dr Elsa Panciroli in 2017?
ANSWERS TO Last Month's' QUIZ:1.Who is considered the first king of Scots?
ANSWER: Kenneth MacAlpin
2. The "House of Dunkeld" begins in 1034 and continues to 1286. Who is he first king of this period?
3. The second king of the House of Dunkeld was very well regarded and may be the most famous. He reigns from 1040-1057. Can you name him?
4. In 1306 another famous Scot became king> His fame rests on his freeing Scotland from the English and a highly debatable meeting with an arachnid. Who is he?
5. The first female monarch is disputed by historians over a technicality. Despite the arguments can you name the woman who may or may not been the first female monarch from 1286–1290?