Answers to the games will appear in the next issue
“LWCIHOD NIE GAWED NWO VSF FBO VWONFB AM QCIRD, ‘NI BAIODF XNI’D FBO IAVGODF ZAWQ A’ RAE’.” FBAXND HNWGTGO - BCDFAWCNI NIE ODDNTCDF
SOLUTION TO Last Month's' CRYPTOGRAM:
“KMNGLD GW GAL LIBGA RLLK GAL RMBL IKKWY GAL HWYLB GW RKWY GABWXPA QL” ― ZLID C PBIDG I AXDTBLT FMNNLN
“Listen to the earth, Feel the fire. Allow the power to flow through ye.”
― Jean M. Grant, A Hundred Kisses
Give our language interest - here is a quiz to test your knowledge of languages in Scotland
1. To which language family does Gaelic belong??
2. What name is popularly used for the Mid Northern Scots or Northeast Scots dialect?
3. After English, Scots and Gaelic, what is the most common langugae spoken in Scotland?
4. Gaelic and Latin are linked together as languages in the very large language family sometimes refered to as a "phylum". Other members are Germanic, Balto-Slavic, Albanian, Hellenic and talic (to name a few). By what name is this major language family currently called?
5. Celtic languages are divided into 2 types - "p celtic" and "q celtic" Two which of these two does Gaelic belong?
ANSWERS TO Last Month's' QUIZ:
1.In March 2016, Scotland shut down Longannet Power Station. It was the last power station in Scotland to use this kind of fuel. What fuel did it use?
2. in the first six months of 2017, all of Scotland’s 3 million households were powered completely by what kind of energy?
3. Hydro-electric power is often produced by rapidly moving water near the surface. Scotland makes us od water for power by using what natural phenomenon besides waterfalls and rapidly flowing rapids?
4. An attempt has been made by Scotland (and the U.K. as a whole) to control a major form of pollution in the ocean, by putting a deposit on several items made of this material . Can you say what it is?
5. Which Scottish river is the reported to be the most polluted?
ANSWER: West Lothian
Unscramble these words. They all share something in common (besides being scrambled). Do you know what it is they share? (I know you are all recovering from the recent celebrations so we are making this one easy!
Keys = ?
Yalis = ?
Rabar = ?
Onai = ?
Skarie = ?
ANSWERS TO "THE SCRAMBLER" from Last Issue
thelist = Thistle
lednog = aglee Golden Eagle
croniun = Unicorn
ghasig = haggis
We discovered a very interesting site for those of you who like jigsaw puzzles. It has lots of jigsaw puzzles on it and is called Jigsaw explorer and can be reached by clicking the link to jigsawexplorer.com. In addition to having lots and lots of their own puzzles, they allow people to submit photos to them which they will turn into puzzles for you and put them up on the web. So Each issue now will have a link to a new puzzle that will show something about Scotland.
This month's puzzle is a police car in Inverness and is found at Police Car in Inverness
TABLE OF CONTENTS