Answers to the games will appear in the next issue
CFO LMA WUQSK SVSUWAUV CQE!
SOLUTION TO Last Month's' CRYPTOGRAM:
May you go forth under the strength of heaven, under the light of sun, under the radiance of moon;
May you go forth with the splendor of fire, with the speed of lightning, with the swiftness of wind;
May you go forth supported by the depth of sea, by the stability of earth, by the firmness of rock;
May you be surrounded and encircled, with the protection of the nine elements.
Celtic Blessing of the Nine Elements
Well here we are in July getting ready to celebrate Independence Day, the 4th of July. So here are some questions for you about this day and idea,
1. What was the last unsuccessful battle against England before the American War of Independence which was won.
2. Wat famous Scottish document became known as a "declaration" to make it parallel with the "Declaration of Independence"?
3. Now it gets trickier - Of the 56 members of the Continentaol Congress who signed the American Declaration of Independance, How many people whose signatures appear on the declaration of Independence were born in Scotland?
4.Even trickier! How many of the signers were of Scottish descent, but born ni America?
5. Here is a break for you - it only needs a simple "yes" or "no" answer!Were any of the signers from Ulster or descended from imigrants from Ulster?
ANSWERS TO Last Month's' QUIZ:
1. What is the day after Christmas is known as in Scotland??
ANSWER: Boxing Day