Answers to the games will appear in the next issue
XVCX'Z EJQ ZOCLL ZXQM NEB (C) OCJ, EJQ IHCJX LQCM NEB OCJGHJF.
SOLUTION TO Last Month's' CRYPTOGRAM:
I have lots of Scottish blood and know that my family name is Scottish. At my home in the States I have a tartan crest but, unfortunately, I do a terrible Scottish accent.
Jesse Tyler Ferguson
This month we will give you information about a ship and you need to tell us its name
1. Who is the Scottish-American man whose parents came from Greenock and who was the original model for Uncle Sam?.
2. Who is the US Secretary of the Treasury and founder of the US Coast Guard was born in the West Indies, the illegitimate son of a Scottish laird from Grange Ayrshire.
3. Can you name the Scottish American, born in Arbroath Scotland and moved with his parents to the US when he was 2 years old? In early 1902 he founded the company that would make an automobile which bore his name.
4. Here is a Scottish American, whose father came from Angus, Scotland and settled in a Scottish community in Cambridge Wisconsin. He was a partner in a motorcycle manufacturing company which was one of the few to survive the depression. What we need here, is the family name of this Scottish American associated with motorcycles.
5. What astronaut of Scottish (and German) descent (his Scottish ancestry is from Langholm on the Scottish Borders) was the first to walk on the moon? He even wore a kilt in a parade through Langholm!
ANSWERS TO Last Month's' QUIZ:1. A famous liner built in Scotland and sunk on May 7, 1915.
2. What is the name of the vessel built for Prince Albert Edward (later King King Edward the VII)
3. A famous ship, built in Dundee, and was previously a whaler, known as the Bloodhound, was renamed and used for the British Arctic expedition of 1875-1876. What was the ship renamed?
4. A famous clipper ship, built in 1869 on the Clyde was named for a character in a Robert Burns poem. Can you name the vessel?
5. A reigning monarch of the sea, this ship was considered the last of the great passenger ships until it was announced that the Queen Mary II was to be built. The ship operated from 1969 to 2008 and is known as ----