Answers to the games will appear in the next issue
MU YDM OZAA YDCG D KLGDE AGDRGL OVU ODMEQ EU RU ZE DAA VZYQGAT UL KGE DAA EVG WLGRZE TUL RUZMK ZE.
SOLUTION TO Last Month's' CRYPTOGRAM:
The aftermath of Culloden exacted penalties
which were to leave a permanent scar on the
Highlands of Scotland in the deliberate extinction
of the Celtic way of life - by killing, destruction,
confiscation and deportation. A tragic time,
unequalled by any other in Scottish history.
We fight not for glory nor for wealth nor honor but only and alone for freedom which no good man surrenders but with his life
Can you tell us who lived here? Here are some photos of houses where some famous Scots lived. Give us the family name of the person who lived in the house
5. This one is a bit trickier, because it isn't in Scotland, but in New York City!
ANSWERS TO Last Month's' QUIZ:
1. What is the word usually used for a Scottish shield?
2. What is the word for the small knife usually worn in the top of the sock?
Answer: sgian dubh
3. What is the word for the late medieval two handed "great sword". Gaelic helps here!
4. What are the brightly colored bits of small cloth which show under the top of the rolled socks called?
5.What is the word for the thick soled, tongueless shoe with long laces that wrap around the ankle and lower part of the leg? They are named for the word for an outdoorsman, game keeper or an attendant to someone pursuing game. They are now generally worn on formal Scottish occasions as part of formal highland dress.
TABLE OF CONTENTS