Answers to the games will appear in the next issue
"LBH BHTUG GB OR EBNFGRQ NYVIR, GUBHTU RIRA GURA LBH JBHYQ ABG OR GB ZL GNFGR"
SOLUTION TO LAST MONTH'S CRYPTOGRAM:
"In Scotland, when people congregate, they tend to argue and discuss and reason; in Orkney, they tell stories."
George Mackay Brown, poet and novelist and native of Orkney.
We actually don’t expect you to get any of these. It isn’t really a “quiz”. It is a set of truly terrible puns in honor of April Fool’s Day. For exampleRather than keep you in suspense until next month, just click on the word “answer” after each questions.
1 How do you describe a hamburger that has been pushed down very hard while being cooked?
2 What do you call it when you stroll around Stornoway?
3. How did people describe a famous poet who became angry regularly?
4. The command to stick up a “mark” named Roy
5. A small physician and his wife live next door to a remarkable woman. What are their names?
ANSWERS TO LAST MONTH'S QUIZ:
In keeping with our sea related motif of this issue, our quiz takes a dive into the waters around Scotland
1. What is the famous body of water in which world's most lovable "monster" has been reported?
2. What is the name of the only body of water that is a "lake" rather than a "Loch"
3.. What body of water lies to the south of The Black Isle?
4.What is the name of the famous whirlpool off Scarba?
5. What famous body of water lies off Hoy and was the UKs chief Naval base in WWI and WWII