CIS 10.31/BUS31.4 Operations Management
Quantitative Analysis for Management /9e; Render, Stair and Hanna; Pearson Prentice Hall (make sure the book has a CD)
here for the Course Syllabus
Check out Operations Research: The Science of Better
Second Exam - Monday, April 30th covering chapters 6 and 7
Lecture Notes in PowerPoint
Click a lecture below to open it online or download
- Chapter 1: problems 1-17 through 1-21. Hand in a printout of the spreadsheet results Due 2/5
- Chapter 3: problems 3-16, 3-17, 3-18(a) and (b),
3,20, 3-21 (hint: payoff is interest earned on $10,000 for each alternative under a good, fair and bad market),
3-22, 3-23, 3-28, 3-42 (hint: use travel time as the payoff) Show your work!
- Chapter 4: problems 4-9, 4-12, 4-13, 4-15, 4-17, 4-18, 4-28(use public/private as a dummy variable). Show your work! DUE MARCH 5TH
- Chapter 5: problems 5-14, 5-15, 5-16, 5-17, 5-25 and 5-33 Show your work!
- Chapter 6: problems 6-17, 6-18, 6-20 and 6-23. Show your work!
- Chapter 7: problems 7-33, 7-34, 7-36, 7-38 and 7-41.
- Chapter 13: Problems 13-16, 13-17, 13-18 and 13-23
Report Instructions for paper entitled "A New Era for Crew Recovery at Continental Airlines"
Here's the link to the paper:
A New Era for Crew Recovery at Continental Airlines
SECOND ARTICLE: Write a review of the paper below that includes
- The impetus for the application of management science to the problems of New York City What types of problems were addressed?What management science techniques were applied in each case?
- What solution was proposed in each case and how successful was it?
- What obstacles got in the way?
- What is the legacy of the work?
- What insights (positive or negative) did you gain from this article?
The paper is due April 30th and should be between 4-5 pages, 1" margins, 1-1/2" line spacing, using a 12 point font.
Do not copy verbatim from the article, summarize and explain in your OWN words.
Here's the link to the paper
Improving Emergency Responsiveness with Management Science