OFF THE BEATEN PATH
The Wolves and the Town House in Inverness
The Town House is located on High Street in Inverness, by the Castle Wynd. Designed by William Lowrie, of Mathews and Lowrie, the building was built between 1878 and 1882, the building served as meeting place for the Inverness Town Council until the 1960's. The building is still used for many functions including concerts, meetings and the like.
The two story building with it towers and turrets is convenient placed for visitors, close to the town center, the Ness River, and Inverness Castle
Recently, two stone wolves have appeared in front of the building. They are the work of two stonemasons, Derick Cunningham and Ivan Navarro. A pair of dogs appear on the building as well. These had been missing, but turned up just and the recent conservation work on the building was beginning.