Answers to the games will appear in the next issue
“UDUMVVJ NVJ PJ MIV XVGX NGJ'E BIVEM ZP-IP-IP, GJX G LPMMYV PU CWN! XCDJA GJX MIV XVSDY IGX XPJV UPC MIV CVEM ZP-IP-IP, GJX G LPMMYV PU CWN!” ― CPLVCM YPWDE EMVSVJEPJ, MCVGEWCV DEYGJX"― WBNVWA JBUPT TAVRVETBE, AWVOTUWV PTJOED
SOLUTION TO LAST ISSUE'S CRYPTOGRAM
O, my love is like a red, red rose, That's newly sprung in June. O, my Love is like the melody, That's sweetly played in tune.
As fair thou art, my bonnie lass, So deep in love am I: And I will love thee still, my dear, Till all the seas go dry:
Till all the seas go dry, my dear, And the rocks melt with the sun; I will love thee still my dear, While the sands of life shall run.
And fare thee well, my only Love, And fare thee well a while! And I will come again, my Love, Though it were ten thousand mile.
1. What is the longest river in Scotland!?
2. What is the largest loch in Scotland?
3. What is the name of the highest mountain in Scotland?.
4. What is the name of one of the largest whirlpools in the world which lies between the islands of Scarba and Jura?
5. What is the furthest point north on the Scottish mainland?
ANSWERS TO LAST MONTH'S QUIZ1. What is the name of the play (or the author thereof) in which a young boy who can fly slips three children off to his island home which is inhabited by Indians and pirates - along with some lost boys!?
Answer: James Barrie/Peter Pan
2. What is the name of the play (or the author thereof) which deals with some young men who work in carpet company. The play opened in Scotland on April 6th 1978 with Jim Byars, Pt Doyle, Billy McColl, Carrie Wilson, Robbie Coltrane, Freddie Boardley, Ida Schuster and Elaine Collins. It opened in New York March 7, 1983 with Sean Penn, Jackie Earle Haley, Kevin Bacon, Merwin Goldsmith, Brian Benben, Val Kilmer. Beverley May, and Madeline Potter.
3. What is the name of the play (or the author thereof) about Robert the Bruce which was written to be performed in the nave of Dunfermline Abbey August 27 to September 8 of 1951. The play was directed by Matthew Forsyth.
4. What is the name of the play (or the author thereof) in which a school master in a Scottish village has been knocked down and killed by a furniture van? A heavenly Judge and Procurator view his life to determine where his place in the afterlife should be.The play opened in Glasgow on Feb13th 1950 and moved to the Garrick Theater in London with Alastair Sim doing double duty playing the title role and directing the play! As an added hint, this author's real name is Osborne Henry Mavor and he worked on screen plays for Alfred Hitchcock including Under Capricorn and Stage Fright
5. What is the name of the play (or the author thereof) about a Scot who became the World Flyweight Champion?